Friday, April 5, 2019

X Week

Monday, for letter X, I had a blast introducing the fine art of April Fooling! I began by telling them the story of how I was tricked by my husband years ago into believing that I had won a million dollars. Then, I had fun teasing them. “Guess what? Today, we’re all going to Disneyland! April Fools! No! We’re all going for ice cream! April fools!” Ha ha! Eli said, “I can’t wait to fool my mom!” Wren said, “Can I tell my mom I am a pig?” Ha!
So, sending the kids home with red spots on their faces was a hoot! But, some got a little mixed up trying to pull it off, like Makayla, “I have the chicken pops! April 6th!” Adelle said, “I have the chicken pox! AJ!” So fun!
Talking about words with the letter x was tricky. I said, “Hey! What about TEXT? Do you know what a text is?” Simultaneously, there was an uproar of the same sentence, “My mom texts all the time!” I asked, “Have you ever texted?” A resounding, “No!” Kinzie answered, “We’re kids!” Ha ha!
I love this stage of preschool where friendships have been cemented and the children have become very relaxed and comfortable, especially in their conversations. Clyde was building a block tower taller than himself one day. Lily was astounded and yelled, “Whoa! Holy moly, crap-a-moly!” Ha! We have loved playing, “What has changed” and “Punchinello”! Ask your kids. You might want to add that to your family games.







Speaking of being astounded, I am thrilled with the children’s progress in reading.  The book numbers are astounding! Everyone is improving in sound-blending and letter sounds, too. I love watching them learn! I love this so much.
Next week is Nn Week. We look forward to that. Have a great weekend!
Much, much love and devotion,
Mrs. McClure
Miss Sarah
Miss Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment