Saturday, April 27, 2019

Easter Egg Hunt


Letter E was everything Easter, especially eggs. We dyed some on Monday to add in our baskets; everyone dipping and stirring to reveal designs and names they had written with “invisible” crayons. So fun! The “mosaic egg” was fun to create, too, ripping and gluing to make it looked cracked, switching from color to color. “Ha, ha! I’m ready for blue-hue-hue-hue! I love blue!” Eli delightfully said. I cracked an Easter egg and peeled off the cracked shell. “This is what we want it to look like! See the cracks?” Every egg picture was a beautiful masterpiece! So bright and fun! We talked about the symbolism of the egg with the tomb and springing new life; the Easter Morn.
We had planted wheat berries weeks earlier in our baskets. The grass was so beautiful and green last week. I was so sad to see it start changing to yellow so soon, but unfortunately, plants that come to my house have a hard time living very long. I am the plant murderer, as my husband can attest! Ha ha! I was glad that the day of the hunt had finally arrived. The children had the best time hunting for 4 different colors to place in their grass. “This is the best day ever!” What great finders they were! And counters!
Our final program will be May15th, a Wednesday. The calendar of events in your folder is in error. Splash day is the 16th, our final day of school.
We wish everyone a wonderful Easter Day! I love the thoughts of our Savior breaking the bonds of death to save us all. “He is risen!” Are there any more glorious words? So, so grateful that He lives and loves us so! See you tomorrow!
Much, much love and devotion,
Mrs. McClure
Miss Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment