Sunday, October 1, 2017

Blue {TWO} Week

Dear Preschool Parents,

I am reporting to you from a hospital room in Utah. We hope to be released by tomorrow. My husband, Chuck, is doing well in his progress after surgery. We have a few more weeks of recovery and then we will finally be able to travel home. I have heard that the children had great fun with blue week. I am so very grateful to Mrs. Walters and Miss Julie for carrying on in my absence. The children learned the number three poem and the blue song. They had the chance to name many blue things and things of three ie: Three Little Pigs, Three Bears, Three Musketeers, etc.

B-L-U-E SONG (To the tune of The Farmer in the Dell)
B L U E spells blue
B L U E spells blue
High Ho, Oh don't you know?
B L U E spells blue

The big sky is blue,
The ocean is too!
High Ho! Oh don't you know?

Monday, the children had fun making their boats and floating them outside in a small pool. They had great fun blowing their boats across the water. “Look at mine!” “Mine is going the fastest!” Luckily, no one dove in to retrieve their boat! Ha! Mrs. Walters made it fun by playing some fun games like “What Has Changed?” sending children off to change something in their appearance or clothes for the children to guess. Oh, my goodness! The children loved this game!




Wednesday, Mrs. Walters painted their hand with brown paint and the children decorated the handprint with white sails, fluffy clouds and a blue ocean with lots of whoopee-dos! Mrs. Walters had a fun story to read to keep the children all entertained and laughing.

Thursday, they all made shark hats. Mrs. Walters once again had fun stories to read and keep the children happy. The shark hats were so darling. Miss Julie sent me several pictures with all the “sharks” growling! So fun! I didn’t even know sharks could growl! 

We didn’t get a lot recorded, but I did get a few reports. While passing out cookie treats, He Who Must Not Be Named had someone come to the front of the line. “I don’t want to give her cookies! She’s mean to me!” Miss Julie assured him that it was OK to give her cookies. “But I don’t want to! She’s mean!” Ha!  We may have to dig a little deeper into this.  Ryder found a feather in the backyard during recess. Oh, that’s cool. Ryder said, “No, it’s not! It has guts on it!” Oooh! Toss that puppy! Where’s a wipe? Ha! And Chance said, “My baby is in my mom’s tummy!”, which made Mrs. Walters and Miss Julie giggle and raise an eyebrow! Don’t you just love four-year olds? They are the best!

Next week is Yellow Week, so be sure to wear something yellow.

Thank you for all your well wishes, your patience with me and faith and prayers on my husband’s behalf.

Much, much love and many thanks to our wonderful teachers taking such good care of things!

Love,

Mrs. McClure

No comments:

Post a Comment