Wednesday, March 28, 2018

{Nn} Week

Never have we had a nicer N Week. I hope you noticed the noodle necklaces, AB patterned, with paper crayons laced in between, each with its significant color with a name on the back of each one; a neat project for a number of reasons. I had to laugh when Kohl was guessing what we were going to make, “Oh, noodles! Are we going to make some soup?” He also was so excited to announce the delight of attending Hendrix’s birthday party, “I have a Hamrich Party!”  Oh, that Kohl. He keeps us in stitches!

The children had great fun making nests and placing candy eggs inside with a marshmallow birdie on top. We sang a little song as we fashioned our nests. We sang it many times. I hope your child was able to share that with you.

We also had some great helpers hovering over others to help read color words after we all made our nest games. These little readers are so fun to watch. They love helping. Navy E. is especially fun. I love watching her take charge. “Mrs. McClure! Is that another reading game?  I can tell you’re really going to need me today!” Mason said, “I’m really, really good, cause I’ve had a lot of years in here!” Both have returned for a second term. They revel in their success and so do I!

We read some great stories about birds and nests and had time for one game where The Light Cannons beat The Bombs, 9-8. With such beautiful days, our recess time increased. What a wonderful time of year this is! I never get out enough!

The children are filled with excitement as Easter time approaches. Jace was bubbling over, “I can’t wait for Easter. I go to sleep and wake up to find an Easter basket!” Really? “Yah! And it has a chocolate bunny inside!” I say, “Spoil them rotten!” This perfectly innocent age never lasts as long as we all wish it to.

Next week, we will dye Easter eggs, decorate Easter baskets and hope to have a visit from the Easter Bunny for a nice hunt.

Have a great weekend.
Much love to all,

Mrs. McClure
Mrs. Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment