Sunday, January 21, 2018

Teddy Bear Picnic {Bb} Week

So, so good to get our kids all back! From the sound of things, everyone managed to get everything they wanted over the Christmas break. The children were loaded with tales and more tales of how great it all was. As the children arrived, several noticed new crayons in the cans on the tables. I told them that Santa must really love us a lot. I told them that I thought Santa must have sneaked in to give us new crayons. Kohl said, “What? You just blew my mind!” Navy asked, “You mean Santa came? Where’s the chimney in here?” She also informed me that her friend caught Santa in a lie. Lincoln was not surprised, “Yah! My sisters did, too!” Kohl asked, “Hey! Did you get new carpet from Santa?” No. We just had it cleaned. He’s right. Now it looks brand new! 

It was hard to say goodbye to those Christmas songs. Yesterday, they still lingered in the air with a little help from Gracia, “Deck the halls with boughs of holly…” and Lillian in the Afternoon Class, “Up on the housetop reindeer paws…” both singing softly to themselves while coloring and cutting. Those sweet moments have a way of capturing my heart, freezing time and drawing me into their private worlds. Honestly, I believe that is what I live for.

This week we learned about letter Bb. We were singing our flag-prep song with letter B. Evie couldn’t miss the chance to contribute. While in the bathroom, (while still sitting) she pushed open the door to sing loud and proud, “buut bour bight band bon bour beart” and quickly slammed the door shut. It was so cute, it made me laugh out loud! Using letter B, Fox changed into Box, Lillian was a Billion, Reagan was Beggin’, Que said Boo and Madden was Badden, while Preston was the Beston!

Our teddy bear picnic and pj day was great fun. We read a fun story about Big Bad Bruce and how he dug up beetles and grubs to eat. I told the children that we were going to have bear food at the picnic. I told them we were going to try to eat some worms, big juicy ones like grubs and have them try some fish and honey, too. The scrunched faces fell in unison. Ha! Boston was funny. “Ah! Gummy worms! I thought they were real ones. That would be gross!” Kohl caught me sneaking a few blueberries ahead of time. “Are those blueberries?” I answered, Yes! I’m eating them! To which he replied, “How dare you!” As it turned out, the dried blueberries were not the favorite. Trig saved his for later, “I’m saving these blueberries for my mom. The dry ones!” Funny!




We welcomed a new student today. He is a cutie bug. His name is Eli Gifford. We love him already. He is a 5 year old and perfect to jump in mid-stream. We are grateful to have him. We have one more space available, if you happen to know of anyone. We also welcomed Mrs. Walters. Oh, how we love her and the children do to. We are very grateful to have her, as well. She is just perfect!


She kept tract of some the fun names that the children named their teddy bears and animals. Sienna’s was Miss Julie, Nathan named his, Big Bad Boogie Bear, Que’s was Lion Attacker, Nash’s was Poofy, and Jaxson’s was Pleasantly! BTW The pj’s were adorable!





Monday is a holiday…again, so we will resume on the Wednesday of next week. We will begin our reading folders then. We have several that are showing great promise with the knowledge and understanding of their letter sounds and the sound-blending process. I am anxious to get started. We tested them all on Thursday and we will be sending out the ones we feel are the most ready at this time. If you feel like your child is especially ready, please let us know.

My Fall Registration packets went out in the emails of those I am aware of. If you are planning on school this fall or know of someone that is, please let me know and do not delay. I have filled over 28 spots just this week and usually fill up before the month’s end. I pay referral fees for student finders, so you can get a discount on your tuitions if you spread the word for me.

Have a great long weekend. See you all on Wednesday. We love your sweet children so much.

Much, much love and devotion,
Mrs. McClure
Mrs. Walters 

No comments:

Post a Comment