Thursday, December 21, 2017

Bearly Ready Christmas Program 2017

Dear, Dear Parents,

I am filled to the brim as I breathe in a big satisfied sigh of what your children did on stage today… so well behaved! So spot on! So perfect in all their executions and songs with no meltdowns, no fits and no terrified bolts from the stage! Awesome! All our work in class certainly had its reward. I dearly love your children and I am so very proud of them and all they accomplished today.
For many, this was their first experience of singing and dancing, costume changing and performing on stage for over an hour. I wanted to hug each one of them and say, “Way to go, Idaho! Great job! I knew you could do that!” And that perfect Santa! 






My only regret was that my microphone batteries died before I got the chance to present Miss Julie and Miss Jessica their gifts and publicly express my gratitude for all they have done in preschool for the last several months. I love them and we will all dearly miss them as they move on to new adventures in their lives. Miss Jessica has been laboring long to acquire a teaching degree with experience in our school these past few months. She, like Miss Julie, has been invaluable. Thank you so much for all of your tireless efforts. We can hardly bear our losses.




Thank you for so many wonderful treats to enjoy and help with the food, hats and props, and a special thank you to Madden’s sweet dad, Randall, for helping my healing husband put away the stage, fix the chairs and load everything up. I so appreciate willing and capable strong men! They are my favorite!



We spent one little day on Letter M. We examined an m&m and found the small letter m on it. Then, we examined the package and noticed the m letters as we sucked on the melting chocolate while rubbing our tummies, “Mmmmm!” Mmmonkey! Mmmittens! Mmmickey Mmmouse! Mmmrs. MmmcClure! Ha!

I had just a few reports that I saved to tell you about, now that all of the Christmas surprises are in sight. When we were decorating the angels with glue and then glitter, Kohl was surprised at the outcome, “Woah! It shows! How did it do that? That’s amazing!” I love how these first childhood experiences can turn us into magicians!

As we were loading Dani into her car, we were discussing the elf that was watching to see if she was being good. Her reply has made us giggle all week, “I’m so nervous!”

Miles W. came in sad on Monday, wiping tears from his eyes. I quickly told him, “Christmas in one week away. You better watch out! You better not cry!” Like the flip of a switch, he broke into a beaming smile! Like I said, “Magic!”

Lastly, thank you to so many for your sweet and generous tokens of love and gratitude. Miss Julie and I feel so spoiled and so appreciate your support and love. I will cherish all of those beautiful family photos and Christmas cards, the ones I have fallen in love with.

We hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and enjoys their family time together into the New Year. It is such a beautiful time. May I boldly say how very grateful I am for the amazing gift that we, the world, have received in the babe of Bethlehem, our dear Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ? How incredibly grateful I am, that He was sent from above to bless and to save us all. Glory to the newborn King!

Merry Christmas! See you back on Monday, January 8th.

Mrs. McClure
Miss Julie, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment