Monday, May 21, 2018

End of the Year Program

Just a re-cap on the end of the year. The funniest things I read from the flower booklets this past week: Leisel’s mom is as beautiful as a snail. Ivy’s mom teaches her cartwheels. (I’d like to see that!) Cannon’s mom teaches him “The Force”. Josh’s mom says he’s old enough to do his nose medicine. Eli’s mom loves it when he picks up the poop. If Courtney had a lot of money, she would buy her mom bananas. And Dani’s mom loves it “When I don’t do it over and over and over again!” 

We’re going to miss things like:
Funny conversations with Navy E, “I’m going to hell!” You are? “Yeah! My brother is there!” He is? “Yeah! It’s his school!” Oh! Hale Elementary! I get it! Ha!

 Mason’s warm greeting when Q walked in, “Hey Q!” whispering to me, “We’re the bestest buddies in the whole world! Me and Q!”

After Reese put dirt in her flower, “I win! I win!”

Avery’s excitement, “My flower’s going to grow! That’s amazing!” Jace’s comment after watering, “I think I found the plant’s mouth!”

Every child every day brought us a smile and enriched our lives just being able to hang in the grace of their spirits. They have captured a place in our hearts forever. And how grateful we are to have received so many words and expressions of love and appreciation from you, their parents. It has been a marvelous experience. 

Splash Day was perfect. Perfect weather. Perfect water gun war! Perfect last day. Perfect children.

So grateful, also, to so many that brought food and refreshment to us all for our program, for the mother helpers and especially for those who stayed afterwards, stacking chairs, the stages and all the aftermath of such a program. My feelings are still so tender, as I reflect on it. And, I just have to say, “You dads!” Your immediately response from your seats to help my daughter in her efforts to bring her father-in-law in his wheelchair into the building swelled my heart. Thank you! Thank you, you wonderful, willing strong men! I love the end of it all, reveling in such tender feelings of gratitude and love for all that it ever was. Have a wonderful summer, until we meet again!

Much, much love forever,
Mrs. McClure 
Mrs. Walters







No comments:

Post a Comment