Friday, August 25, 2017

Amazing Hands!

Dear Preschool Parents,

This week, we concentrated on our amazing hands and we had quite the discussion about what our hands could do. Lillian said we could trace our hands. Mason said we could use them for picking up bean burritos, “Like Taco Bell ones!” Chance said we could help people carry stuff. Reagan said hands were good to put clothes on. Josh said, “Paint!” Grace said, “Pick up food!” Jaxson said, “Play with toys!” Madden can catch a frog!” Smith said, “Drive a car!” Ella said, “Get ice cream out! I can reach it!” Kohl can catch an alligator! Navy said we could do anything, “like get things out of trees!” Trig said, “Hold babies!” Lincoln said, “Pet dogs!” Jace said, “You can clap for a parade!” Hendrix said he could catch a scorpion. With your hands? “Well, in a jar!” Joseph said, “You could do things! Other things! Lots and lots of things!” He was right!

Singing songs and learning at the carpet squares
Singing Fish Songs!
"Know your Apples" Shapes Game
Monday, we colored and cut out shapes. We cut them exactly on the line to match inside of a hat. Hands can cut!

Getting to know your children has been a treat. Lincoln asked me, as I was telling everyone about how to do the Fun Sheets for the day, “But we always have to write our name. Shouldn’t we take a break?” I laughed out loud! Sorry Lincoln. No breaks on name writing! Too funny! This week, we have also seen many children building AB patterns with tub toys while in play. Outstanding! They are getting it! That makes me so happy! Way to go, Idahoes!


Wednesday, we made handprints. I love these adorable children and the way they make me smile. “It tickles,” said Kohl, as I painted the wet blue paint across his hand. So cute! I also had some dough prepared for the children to smash a plastic reptile or bug into, in order to form a fossil-like mold.  I held up an example. “This is a cockroach. Have you ever seen one of these?” The crowd went wild! “Oooh!” “I hate those bugs!”  “Aaah!” “That’s a cockroach!” “We have those in our house!” Smith raised his hand after all of the squirming noises calmed down, “Mrs. McClure, We don’t have cockroachs.” Good job, Smith!


Que was so darling as he busted through the door, anxious to talk to me, “Ooh! Ooh! Mrs. Mcure, I have to tell you something!” What? “Remember the bear you gave me for my birthday?” Yes. “I hold it and sleep with it in my bed!” Awesome! …So sweet! I love that!

Thursday, we used those amazing hands of ours to cut on the line…lots of lines…again and again. We created a fun fish while practicing our line cutting. The children did a wonderful job and those fish were adorable, every one!






I had promised the children they could take their fossils home Thursday, when returning, but after baking them practically all night and into the morning, they were still not ready. Sorry! Broken promises.  Maybe next week.


And we’re going to love next week because it will be Bug Week. It should be a great one! Creepy and fun!

We love these kids. They are so precious and so endearing! They are rapidly making their way in, as to stamp our hearts forever! That is just what happens. Bring it on! Have a great weekend!

 Floppy Fish Tutorial Here

Much, much love and devotion,
Mrs. McClure
And Miss Julie, too

No comments:

Post a Comment